Our client is a freight forwarder who provide a comprehensive worldwide freight forwarding service to UK manufacturers, exporters and importers who demanded a cost-effective service together with a high degree of personal attention.
In line with the continued expansion our client is now looking to strengthen their Sales team by taking on a new Sales Executive.
Working in a team with other sales and internal sales staff the successful candidate will proactively develop new business and build and nurture existing client relationships to maximise the potential.
* New business development through telesales & field sales
* Key Account Management
* Generating & Calculating Freight quotations / tender documents
* Drafting and sending appropriate sales correspondence
* Follow up calls
* Managing sales process through to closure
* Developing long lasting relationships with new clients
* Supporting the sales team in their sales efforts
* Managing the existing and new client quotes
* Ensuring that the quotes are completed promptly and are followed up to maximise conversion
Experience / skills required
* Freight forwarding sales experience would be ideal but not essential as training will be offered on freight and product knowledge.
* Business to business Sales experience essential
* Telesales experience essential.
* Customer service or Operations experience.
* Proven success of handling and calculating RFQ's and tender submissions.
* Experience of negotiating with clients and or suppliers.
* Key account management experience with proven success of developing relationships.
* Experience of calculating KPI reports.
* Experience of face-to-face client and supplier meeting.
* Good administrative skills.
* Good numerical skills.
* Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Circa £28,000 – £30,000 Base Salary + Bonus (OTE 38k) + Contributory Pension
Bonus, Contributory Pension