Freight Operations Executive – Roadfrieght – Based Slough
Start Date – ASAP
Salary up to £25,000 per annum per annum
Hours – Monday to Friday – 11am to 8pm
Overview of Role:
Responsible for end to end control of all shipments coming into and out of Roadfreight depot in Slough.
Highly focused, administrative role so attention to detail is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manifest daily trailers and send related pre-advice.
* Update collection and delivery status in a timely manner.
* Responsible for web bookings.
* Monitor, chase and process all PODs ensuring timely updating of internal system
* Log and report outturn daily reports, cross referencing any discrepancies, completion of new job references, delivery notes and amending of job details within a 2-hour window.
* All related administrative activities in the road freight department.
* Contact hauliers to provide quotations for special collections/deliveries.
* Monitor and deal with transport queries by liaising with other depots.
* Checking that collections are clear and populating the planning sheet. 1
* Responsible for creation and issuing of run sheets detailing all collections and delivery’s.
* Working with Warehouse and Transport teams to ensure smooth and efficient movement of all shipments.
* Customer Service – dealing with queries from customers, subcontractors and drivers and assist in their enquiries via phone and email, ensuring satisfactory and timely resolution.
* Data entry with attention to detail.
* Transport planning for same day collections.
* Adding accruals.
* Creating movements for subcontractors.
* Trailer planning, booking, updating, and manifesting.
* Entering & Updating consignments.
* Completion of transport reports.
* POD scanning and Indexing.
Key skills & attributes:
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
* Highly organised and a team player
* Deadline focused
* Flexible, adaptable and quick to learn
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Possess a positive outlook, promoting constructive responses to the challenges of work
* Knowledge of European groupage is advantageous