Our client is a well-established global service provider to the Freight forwarding, express and international parcels, and warehousing and logistics industry
The network has more than 354 locations across 60 countries and with 13,000 employees serving alliance customers and attending to the details of their business round the clock, around the globe.
We are now looking for an Operations & Facilities Manager to work in the Trailer/Road freight department for our freight forwarder based in Slough
Your role will hold responsibility for all operational and facility requirements, managing all staff and all operational processes maintaining high standards, efficiency and to drive the Road Freight strategy.
* Manage and develop the customer service, transport and operational activities of the Roadfreight Depot.
* Responsible for the full end to end Road Freight Operation which includes Transport, Admin and Warehouse
* Continuous management and growth of Road Freight network efficiency and profitability
* Dealing with Partners, the Pallet Network, customers, and sub-contractors
* Management of financials, P&L and all matters commercial
* Management of import, export and European trailers
* Manage compliance with customs regulations.
* Generation of key performance reports and documentation
* Managing pool of sub-contractors and hauliers, across different countries, agreeing rates and ensuring compliance is adhered
* You must have managed a European trailer/ road freight team to apply
* You will have problem solving and decision-making skills
* Administration and organisational skills.
* IT literate
* Ability to build rapport and good relationships
* Ability to be efficient and proactive under pressure
* With financial and Commercial Acumen
* Salary up to £42,000 per annum
* Bonus scheme