Regional Operations Manager
Irlam Associates is a specialist in Logistics & Supply Chain Management Recruitment, working nationally for a host high profile businesses within the industry.
My client is a 20-year established, Transport and Warehouse business supporting the Freight industry, operating across a large and varied customer base, located at the UK’s largest and busiest airports. We are delighted to support in their search for a Regional Operations Manager to join their very successful and growing team, at their sites close to London Heathrow to manage, lead and develop their multi-site/customer operations.
You will be playing a key role in the delivery and future growth of these operations where you will be tasked with leading the receiving and forward distribution teams of approx. 150 (including 4 Warehouse Managers, Supervisors, operatives, drivers, pickers & FLT Drivers) and to develop & implement new SOP’s and evolve operations as the business continues to grow.
* Work with all teams to implement improvements across all departments, people and culture.
* To have a good understanding of and ensure adherence to ISO 9001.
* To develop and implement new SOP’s and ensure an air of continuous improvement across all receiving and distribution activities.
* To ensure all procedures required as per implemented SOPs are carried out efficiently and within agreed time schedules.
* Motivate all staff to ensure objectives are achieved.
* Be pro-active in identifying problem areas and be creative in devising effective solutions.
* To assist all managers with their day-to-day responsibilities and give guidance and training where required.
* To ensure that the KPI results are managed to agreed targets and strategic plans are in place to achieve this.
* To actively support and encourage teamwork throughout the workplace.
* Effective liaising with internal warehouse & transport operations to ensure process is completed correctly and efficiently.
* Effective engagement with external customers management teams.
* Take an innovative approach to leadership and development of staff.
* Be an overall key player in the future development of this large forwarding operation.
* Clear & proven operations management within an airfreight forwarding environment.
* Knowledge and understanding of CAA regulations
* Ability to be organised and to prioritise workload.
* Commitment to health and safety.
* A sound knowledge of the principles of airfreight and forwarding operations and planning.
* Excellent communication, leadership and people development skills.
* Experience of multi-site operations management.
* Ability to work under pressure and be pragmatic, innovative and flexible in their approach.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very well-established but continually growing business in a key role as part of their growth bringing additional opportunities for the right person