Project Manager Marine – Offshore Works
Up to £475.00pd PAYE or Up to £630.00pd via approved Umbrella
40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
The Project Manager reports directly to a Delivery Manager (usually a Senior Project Manager) and is responsible for the direction and leadership of activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of a contract or work package assigned to them.
This post has the responsibility to ensure delivery of the Offshore Works associated with the coolant system of HPC. This consists of the Transportation and Installation of 6 Concrete Gravity based Head units and subsequent Offshore Drilling Campaign. This post will ensure planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
* Define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces to the other elements of the programme
* Assist in securing the required resources to meet their project requirements, ensuring the maintenance of SQEP for any assigned resource and promptly identifying any personnel shortfalls or issues within their project team
* Develop and implement strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed. The PEP sets out the "why", "what", "how", "when" and "who" for the delivery of the programme
* Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work. Stakeholders related to Environment and Licensing are of particular importance in this role.
* Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme – track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
* Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Delivery Manager (Programme Manager or Director)
* Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalate any discrepancies to the Project Controls Director
* Review Contractor supplied Level 3 and 16 week rolling schedules
* Ensure the List of Deliverables (LOD) relating to the scope of work is delivered.
* Apply the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM).
* Apply the principles of Continuous Improvement.
* Ensure that lessons-learnt and knowledge-capture are practiced as business as usual.
* Interface with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice
* Ensure that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
* Experience of Offshore and Marine Construction Operations and Planning. Experience of Heavy Lift Operations and Drilling operations an advantage.
* Experience of working with Marine Licensing and associated regulatory bodies.
* Experience of interfacing with Port and Pilots.
* Demonstrate success in managing / developing:
o Multi-discipline EPCM projects,
o Procurement and management of complex contracts,
o Control of costs; risk; schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools,
o Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations.
* Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
* Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
* Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
* Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills.
* Working knowledge of French language an advantage.
* Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction or other related field.
* Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
* Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either; APM body of knowledge and OGC's Prince 2.
* Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
* Can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project life-cycle from concept to handover
* Understanding the needs of nuclear quality and how nuclear quality is assured and controlled.
* Understand how to apply a graded approach to quality
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants