Project Engineer (Mechanical / Piping)
Bridgwater (Hinkley Point C)
£50,000 – £60,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Full time / Permanent
Brilliant opportunity to work as part of the MEH Alliance on the prestigious Hinkley Point C Nuclear project. The alliance work across the project to integrate and coordinate the delivery of all main Mechanical, Electrical, Heating and associated support services. This innovative approach will help different contractors work as a single entity to deliver the complex installation of cabling and pipework in the power station's 2,500 rooms.
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
This role will be working within our New Build and Advanced Nuclear Technologies business unit, which supports and explores further opportunities within the wider clean energy market. Our ongoing projects include involvement in the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C. Our expertise and knowledge is also being extended to advanced reactors and the manufacturing of materials for U-Battery, an initiative that should significantly reduce the costs of heat and power.
What will you be doing?
We have a new opportunity for a Project Engineer to join us at our Hinkley Point C site working on the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years. The successful Candidate will be acting as the piping discipline lead for a specified area of the build onsite. Working pattern is a nine-day fortnight onsite at HPC.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers:
* Generous holiday entitlement and occupational sickness cover
* Agile working conditions
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Job satisfaction working together for a sustainable environment for future generations
* A tailored personal development and training programme as well as professional membership Subscriptions
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
The experience you'll bring:
* Previous experience working in nuclear or on major construction projects
* Previous experience in working on complex piping projects in a regulated construction environment
* Degree qualified in a mechanical discipline or possessing equivalent experience
* Will need to undergo BPSS clearance
* (Desirable) IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH
* Relevant Professional Accreditation (PM, Construction, Engineering)
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.