* Play a pivotal role in an established engineering design team.
* The successful candidate will ensure that all design activities are carried out to meet with the Client Brief/ Scope of Appointment, and any subsequent design changes.
* Candidates should be an experienced Piping Designer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with process plant design within an engineering consultancy/ project engineering environment or pharmaceutical plant.
* This role can be based in our Cork or Kilkenny office.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design of 3D process plant piping systems using Plant 3D.
* Ensure that adequate design reviews are managed and undertaken as required.
* Ensure that design changes are documented, recorded and checked/approved.
* Preparation of PFD’s, P&ID’s, equipment layouts and piping GA’s.
* Preparation of piping specifications, MTO’s, cost estimates and scope of work documents.
* Liaising with contractors on site.
* Providing design support to clients.
* Manage Mechanical section of Design Projects and report to Department Lead and/or Project Manager as required.
* Site surveying, walkdowns, installation solutions/ problem solving.
* Collaborate closely with other relevant departments/ disciplines as required.
* Generate construction drawings and isometric piping drawings using 3D Software.
* Perform Model Reviews and generate list of action items for completion arising from the review.
* Nominate and inform Checker(s) and Approver(s) of adequate experience for the complexity of design to be check/ approved.
* Ensure that the construction team are furnished with current drawings and be able to answer all queries during construction stage.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Ideally degree qualified (Mechanical Engineering/relevant discipline) or equivalent technical qualification.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within Piping Design.
* Pharmaceutical industry experience and pharmaceutical design office experience essential.
* Expert level AutoCAD, Plant 3D and 2D AutoCAD experience.
* Revit, Smart P&ID’s and Autodesk experience would be advantageous.
* Design coordination experience across multiple disciplines.
* Exceptional time management skills with the ability to commit to and work to deadlines.
* Strong ability to communicate effectively with individuals of all levels, both verbally and in writing.
* Capable of coordinating with third parties and end users.
* Motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work on your own initiative.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role