Piping CAD Technician
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: 6 to 9-months PAYE Fixed Term Contract
The Ortec Group offers a high value-added engineering service. Founded on the expertise of engineers and technicians, combining knowledge of industrial sectors, field culture with more than 30 years’ experience, Ortec Engineering is 40 agencies in France, a presence on four continents and two offshore production centres.
Design engineering provides a varied foundation of complementary skills to meet a broad range of traditional technical engineering needs. To facilitate discussions and to be more responsive and available, the Ortec Group has chosen local offices: located as close as possible to our customers, they bring together all the trades involved in a given project in one place.
Piping CAD Technician – The Role:
As part of the expansion of our Engineering and Projects activities, we are recruiting Engineers to support us in our growth in the Nuclear Energy sector. We are looking for Engineers who have experience in the nuclear sector, either within the generation fleet, EPR nuclear new build (Olkiluoto, Flamanville, Taishan or Hinkley Point C) or other relevant nuclear site (Sellafield, ITER…)
Sonovision will provide a Training program based on ORTEC experiences in French Nuclear engineering if required.
Piping CAD Technician – Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, fulfil the role identified below
The service is responsible for the design of BNI pipework on the WIT scope which is modelled in PDMS.
The main activities for the Piping CAD Design are the following:
• Perform detailed piping design activities (AU): studies on piping design (fixed points delimiting AU, slopes, vents and drains, supports functions…)
• Select the right support concept according to the flexibility of the piping line, to the global geometry and the surrounding constraints ahead of the calculations, and implement the calculation feedback in the design of the line
• Design the piping supports (clamp, beams, anchor plate…) and models them in the 3D model
• When requests for changes are issued by the various engineering teams, they incorporate the changes into the 3D model, having checked for technical consistency.
• In the event of any technical problems or deviations, the CAD Designer informs the Building Piping Team Lead, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model.
• Performing of 2D-3D-Checks (3D-Model check against P&ID, Single line diagrams etc.)
• Perform clash reviews
• Produce draft isometrics for checking purposes
The right candidate will have the following skills and background:
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in piping design
• Experience using PDMS or similar software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Eligible to live and work in the UK
• Fluent English
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to be successful within this role, click ‘APPLY’ today, forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please