Senior / Chartered Pipeline Civil Engineer (Non-infra water)
£40-£50 Per hour
Location: South East / Kent region
Are you an experienced Civil Engineer with experience in the water sector and mainly non-infra projects?
My client, a leading infrastructure consultancy are currently recruiting for several roles working with some of their clients based in the South East/Kent region.
Provides technical expertise in pipeline material selection, route selection and optimisation, delivery of pipeline structural and detailed design, thrust restraint, pipeline rehabilitation, trenchless technologies, condition assessment of existing pipelines, and deterioration modelling of asset life and pipeline construction support.
Candidate(s) to be (chartered) pipeline civil engineer with clean water and wastewater experience with proven track-record and a passion for delivering innovative engineering solutions.
– Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of mainly infrastructure (pipeline focus) projects across their lifecycles: to develop, innovate and implement best practice pipeline solutions
– Engage with the clients and contractors, including Design and Build environment
– Collaborative working with all parties to ensure successful and cost-effective delivery of projects
– Actively plan, execute and review engineering design deliverables including calculations, drawings, specifications and reports in accordance with relevant pipeline design standards, codes, to Client Standards and design management system.
– Lead efficient and agile delivery of projects to meet programme and budget.
– Leadership in overall quality and safe design of technical solutions in project delivery.
– Championing digital engineering initiatives and innovation in water sector solutions.
– Bachelor's degree with a civil engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
– A strong technical water sector knowledge of relevant UK codes and standards relating to pipelines and the wider water industry.
– Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to lead and contribute to technical excellence.
– Experience as a Project Technical /Civil Lead role on large diameter pipeline projects
– Experience of working with contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions.
– Experience in delivering sustainable solutions with an emphasis on carbon reduction
– Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
– Collaborative leader within a multidisciplinary team including the client, contractor, and colleagues.
– Good understanding of digital initiatives and their application in the water industry.
– Flexibility and adaptability with work locations to meet client's needs