Our client, a leading gas and energy specialist contractor, is looking to employ a Pipeline Bid Manager on a permanent basis to oversee bids associated with Cross Country Pipelines, Gas AGI / PRS Rebuilds including design and build and to ensure the effective management of the proposals process, liaising with the relevant departments, suppliers and clients where necessary and working to tight deadlines to prepare and submit technically written and winning proposals.
The right candidate would need demonstrable experience of the responsibilities below.
• Take ownership of tenders as they are received
• Undertake site tender visits to gain understanding of requirements and to enable the preparation of a winning submission
• Review tender documents, including design and contractual documents, to produce a suitable construction programme
• Develop resource schedules based on programme to be provided to Estimating team
• Liaise with supply chain to obtain tender price and programme and identify key risks
• Liaise with Operations Director to develop construction philosophy and assign teams
• Coordinate tendering activities with work winning team such that proposals, pre-qualification and tender support objectives are achieved to cost, quality and time
• Carry out independent and critical reviews of submission documents
• Develop risk and opportunity register for each tender
• Support Senior Management Team at tender sign off meetings
• Lead tender handover meetings with operational team upon successful award of a project
• Visit live construction sites to understand the performance of projects to inform future tenders
• Attend post tender review meetings to determine lessons learnt and ensure these are fed back into subsequent submissions
• Gas / Pipelines / Cross Country Utilities experience ideally as a Project Manager or Construction Manager
• Technical background with solid understanding of construction principles
• Civil and mechanical experience would be beneficial
Minimum Experience Needed:
• Demonstratable experience as a Bid Manager, Commercial Lead, Project Manager, Construction Manager or related role, mainly in the gas, pipelines or cross-country utilities construction sector.
• Demonstratable technical background with understanding of construction principles.
• Demonstratable background within Civil and/or Mechanical construction relating to the gas, pipelines or cross-country utilities construction sector.
• I.T literate including Microsoft Suite
• HND / HNC / NVQ or equivalent in relevant construction subject.
• Full, valid UK driving licence
If rate of pay is a sliding scale what is needed to get to the top amount:
• Further experience as a Bid Manager, Commercial Lead, Project Manager, Construction Manager or related role, mainly in the gas, pipelines or cross-country utilities construction sector.
• Further relevant qualifications or a professional membership with a relevant body at chartered level.
• Further significant demonstratable experience with all points outlined in the job description and minimum experience section.
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting