Role: Despatch/Packing & Shipping Operative (Due to internal promotion)
The role has various aspects and functions, primarily based around the proficient packing and shipping of all items and products from our clean and modern manufacturing facility.
We handle a wide variety of customer orders and require a well organised and methodical person to ensure our shipping process is efficient. We ship sensitive electronic products across the UK and Europe with 90% of shipments are next day UK, and we occasionally ship pallets.
The items we produce are typically small and there are no heavy loads or forklifts involved in this role.
* Ensuring our electronic products are packed and shipped overnight delivery to the UK and mainland Europe. Following set procedures for packing products, including EPA/ESD packing materials.
* Facilitating daily collections from our shipping suppliers and helping with any logistic related matters, such as ad-hoc shipments and same day collections.
* Creating and processing despatch notes and associated paperwork using our ERP system.
* Ensuring all deliverable items are picked, counted and ready for shipment.
* Responsible for maintaining and checking stock levels of packing materials and raising requests to purchase packing materials.
* Receiving deliveries, booking goods into our ERP and handling system level paperwork.
* Working and co-ordinating with our goods in and warehouse facility for incoming deliveries.
* Labelling and distributing materials to internal departments such as consumables, CoSHH items or associated materials required for our production department.
Mon-Thursday 8.30 – 5.00
Friday 8.30 – 4.00
30 minutes lunch and two 15-minute breaks.
All positions are permanent and based on a 39-hour week with paid overtime.
Salary range: £19 to £21K (subject to age and experience)
Pension (after 3 months)
27 days paid holiday, plus Bank Holidays per year.
Long service holiday benefits.
To be considered you will need to be able to commute to GU12 4XU on a daily basis, within 30 minutes.
Gemini Tec are long established family-owned business, having traded successfully for over 40 years. We design and manufacture electronic hardware and provide our services to leading UK technology companies.
Our newly opened facility is modern, clean, and based on the outskirts of Aldershot, where we have plenty of secure free on-site parking.
We employ a loyal, dedicated, and enthusiastic workforce, managed in a modern, friendly and professional environment.
We look forward to hearing from you