Operation Manager required. Our client is one of the UK’s leading Freight forwarding companies established in the 1980’s with the aim of providing a comprehensive worldwide freight forwarding service to UK manufacturers, exporters and importers by Air, road and sea. They are now looking for an experienced, motivated individual to join their successful team based in St Albans.
As the Operation Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the Operations Team. This hands-on role requires the jobholder to manage a proportion of the top 10 clients, gaining an understanding of each of the client requirements, negotiating air road and sea quotations and managing the freight bookings.
Operations Manager – Position Overview
* Manage the existing Operations team members.
* Manage the day-to-day key client account requirements.
* Manage the day-to-day export and import bookings of Air, Road and Sea Freight jobs. (Primarily Sea Freight)
* Processing jobs through AZYRA freight forwarding software system.
* Customs entries using the NES system.
* Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
* Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
* Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and effectively communicating any service issues.
* Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
Operations Manager – Requirements
* Experienced Operations Manager
* Ideally Ocean freight forwarding experience.
* Excellent customer service or sales experience
* Confident communication skills
* European languages an advantage (but not essential)
* Good organisational skills
* Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
* Quick thinker / problem solving
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
Operations Manager – Remuneration
* Salary £45,000 – £50,000 (Dependant on Experience) + Bonus £62k OTE
* Monday to Friday 8:00am – 18:00 (Some Saturdays AM)
* Company Car
* 28 Holiday days (including bank holidays)
* Pension Scheme
* Parking on Site