A highly regarded global Manufacturing business, leading the way in reducing carbon omissions within its industry, is recruiting for an Ocean & Air Freight Manager for its internal logistics division, based at offices in the Heathrow area. The division plays an instrumental role in supporting the business with the global distribution of its cutting-edge products.
Main Purpose of the Role:
A senior member of the Freight Forwarding Services business with responsibility for control, planning and management of the transport operation via sea and air. Ensuring effective performance of the function through efficient organisation, freight forwarding co-ordination, and management of the Control Tower team, together with strong internal and external stakeholder management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Operational day to day management of a multi modal freight forwarding operation with a range of internal and external customers
* Ensure transport activities are executed in accordance with internal and customer service level requirements
* Leadership and management of the Freight Forwarding team with responsibility for performance, development, and training
* Reinforce and drive a culture of continuous improvement within the Freight Forwarding Services organisation to deliver improved service levels
* Identify and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to deliver both systemised improvements and enhanced supply chain solutions
* Pricing for ad-hoc business as per customer lead times and service levels
* Identify and deliver areas of transport efficiencies to deliver tangible improvements to the customer, including maximisation of freight consolidation and container/vehicle utilisation
* Drive a culture of KPI management to maintain and improve service levels and financial deliverables to the Freight Forwarding Services customers
* Account management ownership with a defined customer base
* Ensure that financial job costing, invoicing, and reporting for freight is carried out in accordance with company standards and to the required margins
* Ensure that all suppliers are operating to the required legislative and compliance standards
* Good knowledge of customs procedures and regimes
* Continually strive to ensure Freight Services are considered leaders in the field and a key and valued part of the overall organisation
* Drive a culture of openness within the team to enhance team engagement and motivation.
To Be Considered:
* Proven experience in international transportation management across key global markets with a strong background in air and ocean freight forwarding movements ideally within a Control Tower environment
* Experience using the Cargowise Software, is favourable.
* Excellent knowledge of international trade lanes (Europe, APAC and Americas), including ocean and air imports and exports
* Basic knowledge of EU domestic and knowledge of: International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG), Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR), & Accord Dangereux Routier (ADR)
* Experience of relevant planning processes and tools, including transport management systems
* Demonstrable background of delivering operational performance improvements through robust KPI management
* Ability to drive standardised processes and ways of working within the Freight Services organisation
* Strong people management skills to improve and maintain team performance
* Good carrier management experience to identify and improve performance levels, and to deliver collaborative supply chain improvements
* Excellent customer management skills and communication, up to a senior level within the organisation
* Experience in budgetary management and cost controls
* Good knowledge of relevant international transportation regulations
* An opportunity to join an established and forward-thinking organisation which is playing an instrumental part in reducing carbon omissions within its industry
* A key leadership role within a dynamic and busy logistics department.
* A competitive salary and benefits, in line with skills and experience.
For more details, please contact Willis Global – a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Supply Chain & Logistics industry