Our client offers a dynamic solution for international freight delivery, powered by world class technology and an unrivalled multimodal transport portfolio.
They are now looking to recruit a National Freight Account Manager who will help implement the cross-business unit approach to selling. They will assist the Sales Director and BU leads in unlocking additional share of wallet for existing customers and generating new opportunities across business units.
This will be achieved through proactive, successful pipeline management, solution design, process development and leadership of business opportunities for strategic UK wide accounts.
As part of the commercial team the National Freight Account Manager will support revenue growth in their existing customers, new sales opportunities, and tenders as an SME on their combined products.
You will manage the full freight sales cycle, from assessing customer requirements, to managing the relationship, all customer visits and preparing and presenting to a customer in order to make a sale. You will maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails, ensuring that service to existing customer base in maintained as you will handle both new business and the ongoing account management and development of your accounts.
Experience and Qualities Required:
* Proven sales experience in freight forwarding is essential (Preferably AIR and SEA FREIGHT)
* Proven success in acquisition of new business is essential
* Excellent industry knowledge with the ability to sell both IMPORT and EXPORT
* Self-motivated and target driven with ambition to succeed
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build strong lasting relationships with clients