Requirement: Mechanical Foreman (Marine)
Pay: £16.50 – £20
Purpose of Job
The Engineering/Mechanical Foreman is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of production staff, ensuring that all work is delivered safely on time and within budget along with managing equipment and materials required. This involves ensuring all Company and legal regulations are implemented, that all required documentation is completed as necessary, and recording daily work on site.
1. Supervise and monitor the work undertaken by production staff, ensuring the required quality and safety standards are met whilst ensuring good timekeeping and conduct of staff.
1. To understand and monitor the hours, materials, consumables, and equipment quoted on a job in order to complete the work on time and on budget.
1. Conduct regular progress reporting on the completion of projects to the General Manager, especially if there is a problem that may have an impact on the cost or completion of the project.
1. To monitor levels of, and carry out the purchasing of consumables, plants, and materials to support the General Manager such that a job or site does not run out of such items.
1. Ensure standards of good housekeeping are achieved in all work areas, including workshops, stores, vehicles, and at on-site locations.
1. To travel to sites/customers to survey work and assist in the quotation process of any project deemed as required.
1. To ensure each job has the relevant RAMS before work starts, and that these are read and understood by the team and safe working procedures are applied to all jobs, including Taking 5 paperwork and permits to work.
1. In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all employees must be flexible in their approach and undertake other duties that are commensurate with the post holder’s level, wherever they may be, to achieve the objectives of the Company.
Qualifications for the position of Foreman
* Good communication skills include spoken and written English and must be able to communicate sensitively, politely, and clearly with staff, managers, and suppliers.
* Minimum of three years experience in the marine or civil engineering industry.
* Be prepared and confident to travel, as required, for the overall gain of the business.
* Full UK driving licence.
* Must have good demonstrable organisational skills.
* Must be able to interpret technical drawings, schematic parts manuals and diagrams, and associated technical data & specifications.
* Must have relevant experience in the supervision of personnel to include the monitoring of work output & quality
* Must be able to work as part of a team and be able to motivate staff.
You are responsible for ensuring that you and all employees under your control work safely and comply with all current and relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation.
You are responsible for ensuring that employees implement safe systems of work according to the client's procedures.
You are responsible for ensuring your own safety and that of the employees under your control and of visitors and the general public when on the client's property.
You must adhere to all criteria contained within the client IMS, the client's Staff Handbook, the Safety, Health, and Environment Handbook, and the Drivers Handbook.
You must adhere to all criteria relating to the Company Substance Misuse policy.
You must ensure that accidents, incidents, and near misses to you or staff under your control are reported and recorded and that the accident book is completed promptly