Our client is looking for a Materials Engineer – Pipeline Materials & Manufacture on a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
* Contribute to team development through coaching and generating ideas with colleagues.
* Ensure the quality of work issued is high and conforms to RP&IT and Group procedures.
* Seek advice and input from Team Manager and senior team members on challenging projects.
* Promote company engineering excellence through technical publications.
* Undertake review during tender to ensure that Client specific requirements are fully captured in the final technical requirements issued to the Supplier (where beyond the standard requirements defined by company in the Group Procurement Specification and datasheet)
* Undertake materials selection study during FEED or tender to advise the project team of the most appropriate selection for their project.
* Perform corrosion allowance review using the NORSOK model during tender to allow commercial assessment of competing solutions.
* Review of sub-contractor’s critical documentation such as ITP, MPS, and technical procedures, ensuring that they are compliant against the agreed specification
* Effectively manage on-going R&D tasks that have been allocated by the PMM Technical Manager to ensure they are completed to forecast schedule and budget.
* Assist in development of R&D proposal for future activities.
* Preparing Group Procurement Specifications and product governance documents, including the management of the Steering Group review process prior to issuing new group standards.
* Writing of technical documentation relating to research and development activities.
* Minimum MEng/MSc degree in Materials, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, with a strong focus on metallurgy;
* Knowledge of SURF systems, particularly related to pipeline materials / manufacturing technologies