Watchkeeper – Maritime Trade Information Centre (Navy Command)
The Watchkeeper is a contract role within an outsourced service Carbon60 deliver to Navy Command.
Located in a military facility, successful applicants will play a key role as a shift Watchkeeper in an expanding team that provide 24/7/365 cover.
The role forms part of a dynamic team providing a 'helpdesk' type service. Day to day tasking may involve call handling, data input & responding accordingly to any issues that may occur in a calm efficient manner.
The primary purpose of a Watchkeeper is to develop and maintain the White Shipping picture using prescribed systems. You will act as the initial point of contact for all merchant vessels transiting through the designated area.
Other tasking may include:
· Handling emergency calls from vessels at sea/industry.
· Recording incidents
· Logging emails in accordance with set guidelines
· Liaise with various agencies and vessels according to standard operating procedures
To be considered for this opportunity you will ideally have the following:
· MOD security clearance or be content to undergo Security Clearance to SC level.
· Background knowledge of either merchant or military shipping would be advantageous
· Extensive experience in one or more of the following;
– Call Handling
– Emergency Response
– Data Input
· Excellent communication skill
· Ability to act calmly under pressure
· Able to follow laid down process
· Computer literate and good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
· Experience of working set shift patterns and unsociable hours
Shifts will be for a period of 12 hours and follow a pattern of 4 days on, 4 nights on followed by 6 days off, plus long leave periods.
Successful applicants will be put into a set shift rota with limited flexibility. Leave is allocated over set periods and there is very limited scope for change.
· This contract will be on a PAYE basis
· £27k per annum
· Base location will be Naval HQ site – Portsdown Technology Park
· Start date – ASAP
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency