Position: Marine Systems Designer
Salary/Rate: Up to £38000
HSB Technical is recruiting for a Marine Systems Designer to work as part of a specialist team of working on marine projects.
HSB Tech’s client is a well-established and highly regarded entity within the maritime industry and you will be involved design and engineering support on marine vessels.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
• Designing a combination of the following engineered systems: Fuel, Freshwater, HVAC, Fire Protection, Hydraulics, Drive trains and more.
• Interior space and furniture, exterior GRP mouldings, metalwork, glazing, teak, deck fittings and other elements of a yacht.
• Generate new ideas and develop them through every aspect of both the concept and detail design phase.
• Creation of small mould construction and installation drawings.
• Work closely with designers, external contractors, naval architects and more.
• Good understanding of materials, BOM’s and design standards.
• Ability to work on multiple projects.
• Degree level qualification is desirable.
• Prior Marine systems/engineering would be an advantage (will consider others)
• Experience with Siemens NX or similar 3D CAD software.
• Assist with research and development projects.
• Support of the Development department’s other design disciplines when required.
• Previous Yacht knowledge is an advantage.
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Tech who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role