Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies? Creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, while also developing your career and reputation? Then join us in designing the future!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL'S TEAM IN THE UK
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the UK team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including marine, railways, highways, bridges, hydro and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners and colleagues to create better solutions while delivering on our promises project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Technical Director specializing in Marine Structures and Coastal Engineering to join our expanding Marine Team in London, giving you the opportunity to co-create with our experts on some of the most prestigious marine projects in the UK and around the world. Our marine work includes traditional Ports and Coastal developments as well as supporting our Energy Business in areas such as marine facilities linked with Offshore Wind or production / shipping of Green Fuels.
Working alongside the Project and Market Directors you'll be a visible custodian of our technical expertise helping to establish best-practice, lead innovation, develop our technical staff and ensure we remain at the leading-edge of our profession in the UK and in collaboration with our colleagues internationally.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be responsible for:
* Providing high-quality technical leadership across a range of current projects assigned to you, and internal expertise into others as required in the field of marine and coastal engineering.
* Technical custodianship of marine and coastal engineering competencies within the UK business, developing and ensuring consistent application of best practice across projects and leading on technical innovations
* Helping to grow, mentoring and developing engineering staff in marine and coastal engineering, including developing and delivering training, undertaking knowledge-sharing activities and supporting succession planning in your area
* Liaising closely with and supporting our international colleagues to ensure a consistent and high-quality service offering across our projects
* Promoting our position as an industry leader in the UK through involvement in relevant industry bodies, technical publications, and facilitating the same in others
* Technical approval of designs, check or assessment deliverables on your projects in accordance with internal management systems
* Supporting pursuit of relevant business development opportunities, developing client relationships and input into bids and tenders as required
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To succeed in this position, we believe that you'll be an open and honest person who is eager to collaborate with others while keeping our clients engaged. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues and the planet we live on.
* Be a Chartered Engineer with relevant institution (e.g. ICE)
* Have a Master's Degree in Civil, Marine or Coastal engineering
* Have proven experience in a similar role with technical management responsibilities working on major marine or coastal projects in the UK or internationally at a senior/leadership level
* Have significant experience in designing marine and coastal projects during all project phases, from conceptual design to detailed design, for contractors or as client's consultant.
* Be an accomplished talent developer, with demonstrable ability to support, mentor and develop less experienced engineers
* Have the inter-personal skills and aptitude to work collaboratively in a diverse multi-disciplinary team
* Have a strong network within the industry
* In addition to this, it would make us very excited if you had in-depth experience with the topics below:
* Numerical modelling and studies for waves, water levels, currents, sediment transport, etc. using the state of art software MIKE 21 or equivalent.
* Navigation and Port Operations Simulation
* Master planning experience of Marine Facilities for Offshore Wind or other Energy Projects such as Hydrogen and Carbon Capture Facilities.
* Landfall design
* Jetties and Material Offloading Facilities
* Complex water retaining structures such as Cofferdams
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training