Title: Marine Engineer (Inboard/Outboard)
Sector: Power & Propulsion
Salary: To be confirmed upon application
HSB Technical’s Power & Propulsion team have a number of vacancies for multiple businesses covering the UK and overseas.
The client I am recruiting for are currently looking for a Marine Engineer to join the team. You will working as a marine engineer/technical engineer working on a range of inboard and outboard engines plus propulsion units.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded entity within the Maritime Sector.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
Predominantly working from the site in Southampton you will repair, service, install and overhaul engines, propulsion units, and more working in the workshop, marina’s, boat yards and onboard a number of varying vessels.
As this is a new role for this business you will:
• Service, inspect, maintain, diagnose and commission engines and propulsion units
• Ensure all relevant documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
• Complete work assigned within a timely manner and within the procedures set out by the company.
• Maintain all tools and equipment in a clean and usable condition; return tools and equipment to the appropriate storage area(s) when not being used. Report defects or damage to the Aftersales Support Manager.
• Work in other departments and locations as and when required
• This position will see you working outside of normal working hours, including weekends at sometimes short notice
• Marine Engineering background with experience on inboards and outboards
• Knowledge of working on varying vessels from yachts to fishing trawlers
• A clear communicator
• Good report writing
• Passport (not essential)
• Driving Licence Essential
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role
Plus Overtime & Benefits