SYR are partnered with a leader in the build of custom craft based in the Southampton area who are currently expanding their team of engineering specialists. Following expansion of their facilities and the securing on a number of recent orders, the company are seeking engineering experts to join them, tasked with installing a host of onboard systems to impeccable standards, ranging from hydraulics to full engine installs
The opportunity for an experienced Marine Engineer to join the team has arisen as part of the company’s ongoing development plan. The Marine Engineers are responsible for the installation of machinery and equipment within the tenders, the plumbing of systems, running and terminating of electrical looms, installation and setup of electronics including CANbus control systems and NMEA networks and commissioning of the completed vessel. This is a diverse role that requires a broad understanding of new build marine engineering. The role can be tailored to suit either Mechanical Engineers, or Electrical Engineers, however flexibility and cross-trade understanding will be a benefit.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in related employment.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Mechanical equipment installation and commissioning on new build projects, including main machinery
• Installation and termination of wiring looms
• Installation and setup of CANbus control systems and NMEA2000 networks
• Installation, setup, and commissioning of hydraulic systems
• Problem solving and fault diagnosis
• Lead a project, planning the work on the vessel, checking information and stock, planning and meeting timescales
• As a benefit, fabrication of custom parts and plumbing components using machine tools and TIG welding.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Experienced in new build marine engineering, both mechanical and electrical
• Proof of marine engineering qualifications a benefit
• Experience of electronic injection marine diesel engines and drive installs (e.g. Yanmar / Volvo / Mercruiser / stern drives and water jets)
• Experience of CANbus distribution systems
• Experience of installing marine navigation equipment (e.g. Raymarine)
• Working to a high standard
• Working within set timescales
• Ability to be independent on a vessel engineering project – planning own work and checking stock and information
• Ability to follow instruction and work in a safe and productive manner
If the above role sounds of interest and you would like to be considered or find out more, please get in contact with the team at SYR
Overtime & Benefits