We have an exciting new opportunity for a number of boat builders and engineers to join a hard-working marine engineering team on a long-term contract basis. This is a great opportunity for those to add an extra string to their bow and potentially lay the foundations to a lifelong career boatbuilding in Cornwall!
* You must be skilled in either larger or small bore piping systems and their fabrication.
* The work will involve various piping systems including hydraulic, fuel, water and gas
* Replacing pumps and valves
* Servicing large engines and motors
* Renew installation of sewage, bilge, seawater and freshwater systems and facilities
* Carry out the seawater and freshwater pumps overhaul (CRN)
* Repaired of marine propulsion systems and propellers overhaul and alignment
* Refit Main Engine, AUX Generator and steering seawater cooling system, oil cooling systems
* Service hydraulic systems including valves, pumps, pipes and hoses
Key skills and Qualifications required:
* Attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks
* Good team player and excellent communicator
* Understanding of quality processes
* 2+ years' experience gained within the Marine, Aerospace, Automotive or other quality driven industry is preferable
The work will be on new build vessels and refit projects in a very well set-out yard. The variety of tasks will keep you interested and you will be working on some of the most exciting marine projects in the UK.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate a working knowledge of boatbuilding OR similar industries such as:
* Boat building
You will need your own hand and battery tools and the willingness to get stuck in! There is the opportunity to work a 4 or 5 day week, with overtime available on either shift- may be great for those travelling home at the weekends…
Broadreach is a labour provider and project solutions business with a 4 star rating on Google. We have a reputation for investing heavily in our contractor care, and we have a policy of openness and honesty.
We provide support on site, easy to use technology for managing your Broadreach profile, branded workwear and contractor socials… to find out more – call us and speak to team a member