Our marine division has won a great new project in Norwich for high skilled carpenters and joiners. It is a 6-month minimum contract, completing all of the carpentry works start to finish on a brand new, luxury sailboat.
Those with experience in cabinet making, fine furniture or shopfitting may have the skills needed for this role. As well as any high-end residential fitting!
These are traditional wooden boats which reflect true craftsmanship, so it is essential that all candidates have a keen eye for detail.
Candidates must hold a relevant qualification and be able to work from drawings and make/fit joinery to fine limits including scribing in high gloss panels, swing oversized doors, working with bespoke ironmongery and integrated LED lighting.
Duties will include:
* 2nd and final fix of finished joinery including high-gloss panels, composite trim, solid hardwood, solid surfaces inc Corian etc.
* Assembling and installing bespoke cabinetry.
* Complete fitout of the cabin interior.
* Working with both conventional and specialist ironmongery.
* Involved in other hardware fitting: windows, sinks, etc. Therefore, you must be able to show some flexibility as well as run a good sealant bead!
* Laying teak decking
* Reading and understanding technical drawings.
* Balancing workload with other trades.
In order to be successful, you must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of fitting high-quality joinery (E.g. shop-fitting, boat fit-out, teak decking etc) including scribing in to 0.5mm tolerances.
You will need to provide your own tools: Battery & Hand tools as well as your own insurance if self-employed.
Broadreach is a labour provider and project solutions business with a 4-star rating on Google. We have a reputation for investing heavily in our contractor care, and we have a policy of openness and honesty.
We provide support on site, easy to use technology for managing your Broadreach profile, branded workwear, and contractor socials… to find out more – call us and speak to team a member
Outside IR35, £100/week allowance