Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a national freight forwarder in the recruitment of an experienced Logistics Administrator. Our client mostly deals with road freight however also handle air and sea. The main part of the role will be offering various levels of support to the sales account managers. On a daily basis you will be required to:
* Obtain Quotes
* Create Job Loads
* Liaise with suppliers/customers
* Generate Invoices
* Order Processing
* Help cover for the account managers dealing with and organising freight when we have holidays/ sickness/ out of the office.
* Deal with customs requests from our in house team
A basic understanding of freight is highly desirable. The ideal candidate will be confident in nature and have worked within a similar role previously within in a freight office (preferred) however we will consider applicants who have worked in the transport/shipping dept for a manufacturer.
With Brexit now complete, the role will also include requesting customs clearances for both import and export entries from the internal customs department. Basic customs knowledge would also be advantageous however an understanding of commercial invoicing would be sufficient.
* Customer service and excellent attention to detail
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and web-based systems
* A confident individual with a desire to work and contribute in a dynamic, lively team-based environment
* Excellent communication skills
* Full driving licence and own car
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment