Freight forwarder based near Heathrow T5 is looking for a Junior Freigh Forwarder. Our client works with road, air and sea transport, and this a great opportunity to learn the job from start to finish, along with all administration work involved, with full training provided. To succeed in this role, the junior Freight Forwader needs to have good communication skills, be IT literate and have an interest in import-export of goods. You will report to the senior manager.
Please note that while the Junior Freight Forwarder job is mostly at the desk, our client needs to have physical presence at the office and when the warehouse staff is not available, you might have to physically move freight sometimes.
ROLE of the Junior Freight Forwarder:
* Processing shipments Air /ocean/ Road.
* Completing all relevant Import / Export paperwork.
* Completing HM Customs paperwork depending on mode of transport.
* Completing HAWB’s, MAWB’s and various forms.
* Dealing with customer queries.
* Arranging collections and deliveries of freight with haulage companies.
* Invoicing shipments.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager/ Supervisor.
* Once trained:
* providing Air /Road / Ocean quotations to customer,
* negotiating ad hoc rates with suppliers
* Educated to GCSE level, with good grades in Maths and English.
* MS Office (WORD, OUTLOOK, EXCEL).
* Interest in the import-export business
* Ideally a year experiencein import-export/logistics/transport
* Good communication skills.
* Financial awareness
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work at all times.
* Experience in freight and second language is an advantage but not essential.
* Clean driving licence and car
SALARY & BENEFITS:
* £20k to £25k/year negotiable according to skills and experience
* Regular days 09.00 – 17.30 Monday – Friday
* Five weeks holiday per year and paid overtime may be required on occasion
5 weeks holidays