Watchkeeper – Joint Maritime Operations Control Centre (Navy Command)
The Watchkeeper is a contract role within an outsourced service Carbon60 deliver to Navy Command for the JMOCC project.
You will provide Support Help Desk and Data Management Services for the JMOCC, incorporating the following information systems that collectively deliver Maritime Situational Awareness capabilities in support of the JMOCC activities that support the Joint Maritime Security Centres (JMSCs) National Maritime Security outputs.
Located in a military facility, successful applicants will play a key role as a shift Watchkeeper in an expanding team that provide 24/7/365 cover.
The role forms part of a dynamic team providing a helpdesk type service. Day to day tasking may involve call handling, data input & responding accordingly to any issues that may occur in a calm efficient manner.
The primary purpose of a Watchkeeper is to develop and maintain the Shipping picture within UK waters using prescribed systems. You will act as the initial point of contact for all vessels transiting through the designated area.
Other tasking may include:
· Handling emergency calls from vessels at sea/industry.
· Recording incidents
· Logging emails in accordance with set guidelines
· Liaise with various agencies and vessels according to standard operating procedures
· Liaising with joint forces operations
To be considered for this opportunity you will ideally have the following:
· MOD security clearance or be content to undergo Security Clearance to SC level.
· Background knowledge of either merchant or military shipping would be advantageous
· Extensive experience in one or more of the following;
– Call Handling
– Emergency Response
– Data Input
· Excellent communication skill
· Ability to act calmly under pressure
· Able to follow laid down process
· Computer literate and good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
· Experience of working set shift patterns and unsociable hours
· Be fully compliant with HMG Information Assurance and Information Security regulations
Shifts will be for a period of 12 hours and follow a pattern of 4 days on, 4 nights on followed by 6 days off. This will continue for a period of 9 cycles after which you will have a 16 day break.
Successful applicants will be put into a set shift rota with limited flexibility. Leave is allocated over set periods and there is very limited scope for change.
Further details on this can be discussed with your Carbon60 representative.
· This contract will be on a PAYE basis.
· £27K – £28K per annum dependant on experience and interview
· Base location will be Naval HQ site – Portsdown Technology Park
· Start date – ASAP
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency