Import Freight Coordinator – Felixstowe – £25K-£30K
This multi-site freight forwarder is looking for a Freight Coordinator to join their team in Felixstowe due to expansion.
Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Industry leading 8% Pension contribution
Annual bonus scheme
Annual pay reviews
Good career progression opportunities
Health Cash plan
Discounts at over 250 retailers
* Receive bookings from our established customers via email and respond in a timely manner.
* Communicate efficiently with customer, supplier and other offices within the group in order to maintain exemplary operational procedures.
* Ensure good negotiation and contractual conduct and commercial awareness.
* Ensure invoices are raised in a timely manner
* Ensure all files have been costed and charges correctly and completed correctly.
* Quote any price enquiries.
* Have ownership over some key accounts.
* Working within a small but rapidly expanding department with scope for future growth.
* Handling Full Trailer loads, Part loads and Groupage services.
* Quoting shipments from start to finish.
* Arranging movement of freight from origin to destination both import and exports.
* Providing the relevant documents for our in-house customs team to arrange clearances and dealing with overseas agents to facilitate there needs to complete clearances.
* Liaising with customers and overseas partners and suppliers.
* Capable of manually calculating costs and charges.
* Great customer service skills.
* Experience with basic customs requirements.
* Ability to work in a team but also be self-sufficient.
* General understanding of European road freight, at least 1 years' experience. WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy