Skills & Requirements:
You will need to have a minimum of one year’s experience within an Import Customs Entry position, however pay is dependent on experience.
Ideally, you will have had experience with systems such as MultiFreight, Destin8, and Chief.
The ability to work unsupervised and also to work collaboratively within a team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a close-knit team of engaged and highly motivated individuals, the right candidate can expect to progress their career as the company expands.
* Complete all aspects of customs clearance entries from start to finish for imports and exports, dealing with various modes of transport – Sea, Air and Road
* Ensure all customs clearance declarations are submitted in a timely and accurate manner
* Co-ordinate the customs between the customer and internal function
* Monitor the clearance status of shipments.
* You will deal with all queries quickly and efficiently and build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements especially with new processes brought upon by Brexit.
* Update and maintain reference logs for customers
* Maintain accurate filing and archiving records
* Audit and check entries completed
* To ensure the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies.
* Complete all billing as required with the internal system
*Co-ordinate and book devans/onward deliveries to the consignee
Previous experience working in a similar Customs role
Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Customs tariff is required and application of the relevant procedures is essential.
Familiar with different export/import regimes and different modes of transport
Experience of using deferment accounts and FAS payment systems
Formal training & detailed knowledge of customs import & export processes
Understanding of the impact of incorrect or false information in Customs declarations
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Attention for detail as you will be required to compile documentation and be able to interpret the legal requirements on behalf of customers in a clear and simple way; high accuracy of record keeping
Strong interpersonal skills; confident communicator
Good problem solving capability & able to apply critical thinking skills; ability to actively listen and interpret information timely & accurately
Self-motivating and be able to organise your work effectively
Ability to operate windows based applications and any other software that is standard within the industry
Work in a fast paced environment ensuring clearance processes are completed in a compliant and timely manner
The package & hours:
Salary dependent upon experience – up to £32,000
Monday to Friday (Apply online only)
20 days holiday plus bank holidays with additional merit day at 2yrs+
Flexibility in all matters