Import Airfreight Coordinator
Do you have previous import airfreight experience with excellent customer service skills? If so, we want to hear from you. We are looking for Import Airfreight Operator. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge, working for an Award-Winning Logistics company offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
Unsworth are an internationally recognised, multi award-winning Logistics Company. We combine the best-in class technology and people to be a leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions provider, simplifying international trade and adding value to our clients.
The Import Airfreight Coordinator will be responsible for handling the day-to-day import airfreight pricing and operations whilst delivering our clients a best-in-class experience in a friendly, proactive manner. The main duties include:
* Handling clients’ enquiries, providing quotations and proactively following up to secure booking
* Managing clients’ airfreight shipments from origin to destination
* Effectively using the CargoWise system to create and manage shipments within agreed upon KPI’s and maintain accurate data relating to clients and shipments
* Arranging customs clearance and ensuring compliance with customs regulations
* Liaising with overseas partners, airlines, transports to arrange quick dispatch of cargo
* Negotiating rates with suppliers in order to maximise profit margin whilst adding value to the client
* Proactively planning and arranging deliveries as per client requirements
* Problem solving and escalating any issues with arrival of goods which may lead to issues with customer deliveries
* Ensuring all customers are served in line with their Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
* Monitoring the progression of transports and advising the client at agreed milestones
* Building excellent relationships with customers in order to exploit further business opportunities
* Dealing with invoicing/job costing to customers in a timely and accurate manner
Required experience, skills and qualities:
* 3yr+ import airfreight experience within a freight forwarding company is essential
* Previous experience in quoting import airfreight shipment is essential
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with ability to deliver high level of customer care
* Ability to prioritise and organise work to achieve deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to successfully manage and find solutions for complex and unexpected situations
* Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
What’s on Offer:
* Work for the industry’s Employer of the Year!
* Competitive remuneration package.
* Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged.
* Award Winning staff development program offering genuine career development opportunities.
* Staff Loyalty schemes, Health Care Plan, Enhanced holiday scheme, cycle to work, weekly yoga, mentoring scheme, Going the extra miles award
* You’ll work with an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy.
* Flexibility to work from home if required