Head of Offshore Services Resources
* Ref: 26185
* Warrington WA3 6XG
* (Or Aarhus N, Region Midtjylland, Denmark or Hamburg Germany)
Are you looking for the next step in your career at the global leader in sustainable energy solutions? Are you an experienced people resource manager with a desire to work on transformational projects? If so, Vestas has the opportunity for you!
EVP NCE > SBU NCE Service > Offshore Service Resources
Offshore Service Resources is a function within Operations Development in Vestas Northern & Central Europe (NCE) Offshore Service. The Offshore Service Department is responsible for carrying out all service and maintenance work for the offshore wind turbines in the Vestas portfolio.
You will report to the Director of Operations Development, and your main role will be to direct your own department as well as cooperate with internal and external stakeholders.
* Develop portfolio of wide manpower plans based on collaboration with Master Planning and Service Directors
* Ongoing maintenance and adjustment of forecasts
* Manage and develop our internal pool of skilled supervisors and technicians
* Be responsible for sourcing of external resources (subcontractors)
* Develop, maintain and qualify external resource providers
* Development and maintenance of guidelines and processes
* Support Procurement in supplier negotiations
* A relevant degree within business or engineering
* Experience within project or service management, supplier management, claim management, sourcing, structuring and execution
* Experience in negotiating commercial agreements
* A broad understanding of complex resource management subjects in a large matrix organization
* Ability to handle projects, motivate people as well as direct complex, cross-functional teams
* Fluent in verbal and written English
* Proven leadership skills in a global setting with high focus on employee satisfaction and motivation
* Qualified team-oriented person with a professional attitude and demonstrated high level of independent judgment and proactivity in the change management process
* Highly motivated, action-oriented, committed towards accomplishing tasks, reaching targets and aspiration for achievements
* Skilled communicator and fluent in English, with the ability to handle stakeholders at all levels of the business
What we offer
We offer the great opportunity of joining a committed team within an international environment, that plays an important role in guiding the energy transition. You can expect to join a team that supports you and is always open for new ideas within a discussion-driven culture. You will have an important impact on achieving the short-, mid-, and long-term goals of our Offshore Service Resources
This position could be located in key offices in Aarhus-DK, Warrington-UK or Hamburg-Germany.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 20th May 2022.
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity