Our freight forwarding Client, a multi-national freight forwarder, they now have an exciting new opportunity for a Graduate Freight Clerk to join the Freight teams at their location in Redditch, Worcestershire. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right graduate to join a company that is rapidly expanding and offers excellent progression within the business.
Working alongside and being trained / mentored by the Director within the freight Operations team. The role is primarily involved in the operations department liaising with both clients and suppliers and managing export and import jobs from start to finish. From quotation stage, making bookings, monitoring shipments in transit and processing final invoices and maximising the Gross Profit whilst giving excellent customer service.
Duties of the role:
* Working within and supporting the operations team.
* Liaising with clients (Both verbally and in writing).
* Preparation of freight quotations.
* Negotiating with clients and suppliers.
* Raising job files and appropriate paperwork and placing bookings with suppliers.
* Monitoring shipments in transit.
* Problem solving any issues that arise.
* Raising sales invoices.
Experience / skills required
* Ideally a 2:1 or 2.2 degree.
* Living within a 40 minute commute of Redditch.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Strong IT skills (Microsoft packages).
* A quick thinker with initiative.
* A willingness to learn and a good work ethic.
Character and personal attributes
* A confident, positive and engaging personality.
* Can do attitude.
* Strong work ethic.
* Team player/ Sporty get and go personality
* Confident communicator.
* Good attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits
£18,000 (Regular appraisals with progressive adjustments to remuneration)
22 Days Holiday to start
& Contributory Pension