Our client is a well-established Freight Forwarding company based in South Manchester. With a strong logistics operation and an extensive worldwide agency network, including an owned handling office in Europe, which enables them to offer a wide range of freight forwarding services.
They now have exciting opportunity at their South Manchester office for a Freight Forwarding Operations Manager. This is a dynamic operational role managing a team of 20 freight operators mainly operating a sea freight imports service worldwide
* Manage the strategic direction of the freight forwarding team
* Ensure all the work within the department is covered and that all steps required are taken
* Ensure the integrity of all system data under Ops Dept control
* Monitor, develop, appraise staff performance throughout the department
* Training and development of staff
* Maintain and create effective, strong relationships suppliers and agents
* Create and improve processes and practices throughout the Ops department
* Identify IT improvements and working with other departments to put those improvements in place
* Drive towards greater operational effectiveness
* Create, maintain, improve Operational manuals and guides
* Create, maintain, improve and monitor targets, KPI's, etc
* Analyse customer accounts and assess operational needs
* Maintain and improve customer relationships
In order to apply for this role, you will have a proven track record in Sea freight forwarding operations. You will have a led and managed a freight forwarding team and be operational driven
You will be extremely customer focused with the ability to problem solve and make decisions in the best interest of the business and have the ability to remain focused in a pressurised work environment.
You will be dynamic capable of showing initiative and driving the business forward by change management
You will have strong freight management experience with experience of setting KPI's, working to budgets with good financial acumen
Strong problem solving, planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi task whilst working to tight deadlines.
Be computer literate with a strong level of I.T. skills.
Salary: £60,000.00-£90,000.00 per year dependent upon experience
25 Days Holiday
Pension, Bonus, Car, 25 days hol