Davies Turner is looking for new entrants to join our two-year Freight Forwarding Graduate Programme with opportunities throughout the UK.
Salary: Starting salary £21,000 per annum
Graduate Freight Forwarding Programme – Who Are We?
Here at Davies Turner, one of the largest independent Freight Forwarding Companies in the UK, we manage freight from around the world, by road and rail, through the air and across the oceans. Family run and owned since 1870 we have branches across the UK dedicated to providing our customers with a full range of freight forwarding and logistics solutions.
Graduate Freight Forwarding Programme – What Will You Do?
Our Freight Forwarding Graduate Programme will provide you with an opportunity to experience all elements of freight forwarding from customs clearance to imports and exports and arranging haulage. During the 2-year programme you’ll gain experience in in our operations, logistics, and air cargo business as well as our Ocean and European departments.
The programme will provide you with an excellent opportunity to take the first step on the career ladder – an opportunity to learn key skills and experience a range of development opportunities to kick start your career with Davies Turner.
Graduate Freight Forwarding Programme – A Little About You
To thrive on our programme, you will need to be:
– Driven, energetic and enthusiastic
– Able to take ownership of tasks with an eye for detail
– Interested in logistics and the movement of goods all over the world
– Eager to learn and be a team player
– A graduate with a degree (actual or predicted finish in summer 2022)
– Looking for an opportunity in Coleshill
In addition, you’ll also need the right to work in the UK – we can’t sponsor work permits.
And It’s Even Better If You Already Have?
– Experience of working in a customer service environment (face to face/over the phone)
– Excellent communication and computer skills
Graduate Freight Forwarding Programme – Benefits:
Benefits* for this position include:
– Starting salary – £21,000
– £1,000 incremental increases subject to performance
– Up to 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
– Life Cover
– Profit Related Pay
– Defined contribution pension scheme
– Private Healthcare
– Car Parking
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Personal development training & an industry specific qualification
– Discounted store/shopping benefit scheme
We are offering a 2-year contract, with a permanent role and opportunities for further progress for those who are successful on the Programme.
Assessment centres and interviews will take place at local sites in June with the training programme starting Monday 5th September 2022.
To start your application for our Freight Forwarding Graduate Programme submit your CV by clicking ‘Apply’ now. Please also include a covering letter explaining why you wish to join our programme.
The closing date for all applications is 4th July 2022.
Davies Turner is a Top Track 250 Companies awarded by Sunday Times.
*Some benefits are subject to a qualifying period