Our client is a well-established Freight Forwarding and logistics provider with there their own heavy cargo fleet and some of the heaviest lift cranes they specialise in the movement and installation of large structures, abnormal loads and the critical assets needed to build and renew major infrastructure both in the UK and worldwide
We are now looking for a Freight Forwarding Customs Manager based in the Bristol area, your role will be to organise and coordinate the port call, acting on behalf of the owner or operator of the vessel and as part of the Companies Port Agency team.
Your main duties will involve
* Operational P&L – Ensure the Port Agency, HPC Terminal and Project Freight Forwarding department can deliver the budgeted yearly profit by proactively managing each operation, this includes negotiating with suppliers and clients.
* Operational Sales Process – effective Contract and Supplier Management, ensuring the delivery of services or the project. Manage suppliers to ensure profitable project outcomes, including achieving repeat business through highly effective operational delivery.
* HPC Terminal Activity & Lifting Operations – Operational lead for delivery of HPC Terminal activity (Cargo arriving into the project, via BPC).
* Business Development – To seek and develop new business opportunities for the department, as well as the projects team
* Lead, manage and hold your Freight team accountable to their responsibilities for the contract you are managing
* You will also provide support to the Port Agency team by processing Customs Entries.
The successful candidate will have:
* A Freight Forwarding background and have led or managed a Freight Forwarding team
* A Sea freight Forwarding background gained in imports
* Through understanding of the processing of Customs Entries.
* Demonstrable experience in account management, business development, or soliciting business through external sales visits where there could be client requirements to be serviced
* Worked in 'customer facing' role in the shipping/maritime industry
* Knowledge of managing day to day business activity such as P&L accountability
* Knowledge of Freight Forwarding Process and Operations
* Understanding of Customer needs and ability to produce solutions that meet their requirements to secure business
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent client/stakeholder relationship skills
* Ability to work well as part of a team and collaborate internally with other business units
* Salary 45,000 to 55,000 circa
* 25 days holiday
* Contributory Pension /Death in service / Private Medical
* Hybrid working model
Pension, Hybrid working, 25 days hol