Freight Forwarder required. Our client are an international, privately owned freight forwarder that have been operating on the marker for over 3 decades. Due to the on-going success and profitable business wins our client now requires an enthusiastic Ocean Freight operator to join a dynamic and growing team.
As the ocean freight forwarder, you will be responsible for handling sea freight import/export operations and related documentation. It is envisaged you will have 5 year’s experience in the Sea Freight Forwarding and hold a sound understanding of the Freight Market.
Ocean Freight Forwarder – Position Overview
* Handling starts to finish shipments for all modes of transport or a large key account.
* Arranging Sea import and export operations
* Arranging payment of Freight
* Maintaining communication clients through all phases of shipment journey
* Liaise regularly with overseas offices partners, agents & clients.
* Liaise with warehouse dept. to ensure goods are booked into the warehouse prior to arrival.
* Prepare & provide documents to customers in accordance with the terms of shipment standard operating procedures.
* Customs clear shipments, as appropriate
Ocean Freight Forwarder – Position Requirements
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Ocean Freight Forwarding.
* Experience in Sea Freight is a must.
* Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft packages.
* Experience and knowledge of Dangerous goods would be advantageous.
* Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills are essential.
* Ability to handle pressure and good time management.
* Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
Ocean Freight Forwarder – Position Remuneration
* Salary £32,000 – £38,000 (dependant on experience)
* Monday to Friday 9:00am – 17:30pm
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
* Parking on Site