Streamline Search are currently working with a well-established family-run International Multi-modal Freight Company currently seeking an experienced Freight Forwarder to join their Wolverhampton branch.
Our client operates all modes of transportation including Road / Sea and Air freight, Projects and Logistics to niche Engineering, Pharmaceutical and Medical clients. You will be responsible for one major client, providing a 1st class service with quality being at the heart of what our client achieves.
Freight Forwarder – Position Overview
* Handling starts to finish shipments for all modes of transport or a large key account.
* Arranging import and export operations
* Arranging payment of freight
* Maintaining communication clients through all phases of shipment journey
* Liaise regularly with overseas offices partners, agents & clients.
* Liaise with warehouse dept. to ensure goods are booked into the warehouse prior to arrival.
* Prepare & provide documents to customers in accordance with the terms of shipment standard operating procedures.
* Customs clear shipments, as appropriate
Freight Forwarder – Position Requirements
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a freight forwarding position.
* Experience in all modes of Freight, Sea, Air & Road would be highly beneficial.
* Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft packages.
* Experience and knowledge of Dangerous goods would be advantageous.
* Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills are essential.
* Ability to handle pressure and good time management.
* Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
Freight Forwarder – Position Remuneration
* Salary £28,000 – £32,000 (Dependant on experience)
* Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00
* 28 days holiday, including bank holidays.
* Pension Scheme
* Parking on site
* Family run business, great office environment