An innovative Freight Forwarding organisation, offering services by Air Freight, Sea Freight, and Road Freight, for a broad range of industries including Aerospace, Fashion, Pharma, and Film & Media, are looking to recruit a Freight Forwarder, to be based at offices in Southampton.
9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday with work from home flexibility
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Freight Forwarder will be responsible for handling Sea and Air freight import and export shipments, in a timely manner, from start to finish, and liaise with carriers to fulfil them to the highest standard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Receive, process, and manage incoming bookings (export and import) in agreed time frames to company standards and guidelines.
* Sea and Air freight imports and exports – including FCL / LCL
* Handling customs clearance matters
* Liaise with carriers to fulfil customer bookings covering the full range of requirements.
* Quality data input for new bookings into company booking platform and confirmations to carriers and clients.
* Problem resolution including haulage delays/vessel details/sourcing alternative options where required
* Job tracking and customer communication throughout
* Closing the job when completed to customer satisfaction
To Be Considered:
* Proven experience handling Air and/or Sea Freight Import/Exports, from start to finish.
* Experience with customs clearance is preferred
* An enthusiastic team player
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced and exciting environment
* Ability to work on their own initiative with the ability to interpret and execute agreed company guidelines and policies.
* Proven problem solving and negotiation skills are critical
* Strong ability to build rapport over the phone.
* Planning & organising skills are essential.
* An attractive salary, up to £40K, depending on skills and experience
* The opportunity to join a highly regarded, forward thinking global logistics provider
* Work from home flexibility
For full details, contact Willis Global – a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Supply Chain & Logistics industry