Job Role: Freight Forwarder
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
RG Freight Recruitment are working on behalf of a freight forwarding and customs client in Manchester to find a Freight Forwarder.
This client is a start up business founded by an extremely experienced freight forwarder who worked their way up from a trainee role to run one of the busiest and most successful freight forwarding departments in the North West. Focusing on ocean and road imports and exports, they are off to a fantastic start, building a great reputation and are securing more and more work every week.
With this in mind they are now looking to bring on an experienced freight forwarder to continue their forward momentum. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable on freight forwarding processes and keen to help push the business forward. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to take on more responsibility and with a view to progressing as the company grows.
* Arranging shipments to be imported / exported from various locations worldwide
* Liaising with suppliers at shipping lines, airlines, hauliers and partners to arrange shipments
* Confirming quotes, pricing and timelines with clients for shipments
* Completion of all customs entries and all other associated documentation
* Tracking all shipments and notifying clients of any changes to timings of cargo arriving
* Strong freight forwarding experience
* Good knowledge of customs entries
* Self starter with the motivation to help the company grow
* 'Can do' attitude with a positive outlook
* Good communication skills – Written and verbal