Imperial Logistics have an exciting opportunity for a Freight Forwarder to join the team.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Hours: Working hours are typically 40 hours per week inclusive of 30 minutes unpaid lunch break however you may be required to work flexibly to cover clients' needs.
Imperial Logistics offers tailored Logistics Concepts for the automobile, supplier and consumer goods industry. We support from planning to implementation of reliable process chains by understanding all of the needs and requirements and make individual solutions possible.
Imperial Logistics International UK is a part of the worldwide acting Logistics Company IMPERIAL Holdings Ltd. with about 51,000 employees.
Freight Forwarder – The Role:
To act on behalf of importers, exporters or other companies to organise the safe, efficient and cost-effective road transportation of goods.
You will use computer systems and software packages to arrange the best means of transport, taking into account the type of goods and the customer’s delivery requirements. You will use the services of shipping lines, airlines and road and rail freight operators, the focus being in road transport within UK and Europe.
Freight Forwarder – Key Responsibilities:
– Monitoring Transport rates and markets
– Responsibility for negotiating customer contracts
– Responsibility for negotiating with suppliers
– Be able to plan, direct and organise daily business requirements
– Managing the daily business, including bookings and quotations
– Optimising exiting process’s internally and externally
– Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking into account the perishable or hazardous nature of goods, cost, transit time and security
– Minimising unnecessary costs
– Arranging air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door-to-door
– Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports and statistical and unit-cost analysis
Freight Forwarder – You:
– Network of transport partners and providers is essential
– Proven experience and knowledge as a Freight Forwarder via Road
– Basic knowledge of sea/air forwarding
– Customs knowledge
– Familiarity with the transport industry and basic technical expertise
– Excellent networking knowledge and capabilities
– Strong team building and decision making capabilities with the ability to lead
– Additional language skills would be advantageous
– Excellent PC skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
– A positive “can do” attitude, with a certain amount of sales experience.
– UK and European Drivers hours regulations knowledge.
– Financial experience in road freight buying and selling FTL and LTL
– Good communication skills – you will be liaising with a variety of people
– Strong team building skills, tact and good interpersonal skills
– Sensitivity to culture and religion
– Good geographical knowledge
– Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
– Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
– Accuracy and attention to detail
Freight Forwarder – What to expect:
The work is mainly office based.
Permanent and full-time contract with benefits
The dress code is normally smart as you may be meeting clients, but business-casual is acceptable in the office.
Travel within the working day and absence from home may be required
To submit your CV and covering letter for this exciting Freight Forwarder opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now