Our client is an industry leading Logistics and Transport service, specialists in areas of the logistics supply chain demanding ultra-focused standards of support with customers throughout all areas of the business. Applying a high focus on digital excellence with technology supported by skilled multi-lingual team offering exemplary standards of sales and customer service.
With a heavy focus on Customer Service and a particular emphasis on digital excellence our client has experienced an unparalleled level of growth. The secret of their success has been the continued investment in their people. The team has doubled over the last four years, boasting a skilled multi-lingual team offering exemplary standards of sales and customer service to their 7000 customers throughout Europe.
As part of our client's expansion plans, we are now searching for a Customs Freight Specialist to be a part of this growing team at this extremely exciting time. This role is partly based remotely from home 3 days a week and 2 days a week from their Preston office
This position is to handle the customs requirements working with an existing portfolio of clients and servicing over 50 countries. Supporting customers offering a solution to the complexities of customs declarations by making the process understandable and accessible to anyone. Using an advanced technology-driven customs system meaning the completing of customs declarations is made quicker and simpler than ever before.
In order to apply you will have
* knowledge of Customs software HMRC Chief & experience of using software packages such as Destin8, ASM, CargoWise, Sequoia, MiC, Spire, Data Freight &/or SAP
* In in-depth knowledge of the working regulations of HMRC
* Experience of processing customs declarations and clearances
* Have a background within the customs and excise of goods via road, air &/or sea
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads
* You are solution and results driven with hands on approach and can-do attitude
* You have flexible approach to your work and can work under the pressure to a tight deadline
* You are ready to take the next step in your career development.
* Salary from £35,000 – £40,000 dependent on experience (with regular reviews)
* Hybrid working
* Generous bonus structure
* Life insurance – Death in Service (following successful probationary period)
* Employee Assistance Programme – because everyone needs little support now and then (covering financial, mental health, and physical wellbeing)
* 25 days holiday plus Birthday Day off
* Free annual flu vaccination
* A range of discounts and deals with our company perks scheme
* Training and personal development
* Support with professional qualifications – to help you achieve your career goals
* Home office working arrangements – all equipment provided (laptop, monitor chair and even a desk if needed)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Social events – trips to the pub, summer BBQs, hiking trips etc
hybrid working, pension, bonus plus