We have an exciting opportunity for a Freight Customs Specialist to join our client based in Southampton.
Your role will involve working with a specific client providing a first class customer service adhering to the contract
* Work as a team to provide support and assistance to colleagues and line manager as well as providing excellent customer service at all times.
* Build close relationships with customers, overseas agents and service providers.
* Manage operational files from start to finish.
* Actively plan and co-ordinate your working day taking ownership of the business you manage operationally.
* Assist and advise customers of shipments, arrival, clearances and deliveries.
* Handle all customs activities relating to the contract.
* Be pro-active in your response to service issues.
* Ensure all relevant and required data is entered on time and accurately.
Skills and Experiences
* Experience in a sea logistics operational background is essential
* Experience with customs export/import clearance procedures is essential
* Experience with specific customs clearance platforms, ideally (CNS, ICE)
* Good commercial acumen with an ability to be very profit conscious.
* Ability to work on you own initiative
* Great communications skills, able to build relationships and collaborate well with all types of stakeholders.
* Good IT skills, Microsoft Office in particular.
A competitive salary
23 days holiday plus bank holiday (rising to 25 after 5 years' service).
Contributory pension scheme.
Private medical insurance and life assurance (at 3 x salary)
Rewards scheme offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services
Pension, private medical, 23 days ho