Freightalent International are proudly recruiting on behalf of our client who has An exciting opportunity now available for an experienced Business Development Manager to join a long-established US logistics brand who have opened 3 Irish offices. The company has over 1800 employees across its international office network and offers multi-modal global third-party logistics services.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the position involves obtaining, maintaining and growing relationships with customers while achieving and assigned sales and revenue goal. The Business Development Manager is expected to retain existing business, expand the firms market share for each assigned customer, introducing and promoting new products and services assigned to customer accounts.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
* Identifying and evaluating prospects to win new business
* Identifying new opportunities with existing customers.
* Develop and maintain a high-quality pipeline of target customers and opportunities
* Setting manageable weekly visit targets in agreement with Sales Manager.
* Build relationships and communicate with Offices and agents worldwide.
* Support the operations where necessary.
* Follow up on unsuccessful quotations.
* Maintain a high level of customer service
* Conducting market research on competitors’ products, pricing, and market success to gain insight into customer preferences and interests.
* Analysing sales metrics to determine whether current sales strategies are effective.
* Co-ordinating RFQ’S
* Monthly Sales pipelines & KPI reports
* Supporting any ad-hoc requests both local and international
* 4+ years’ experience in a freight, forwarding, shipping or logistics sales role
* Broad commercial and operational experience in sector.
* Possess continuous drive to (further) develop sales activities.
* Highly motivated by challenges, negotiation skills and your ability to close deals will be essential in achieving your goals.
* Knowledge of tender process and management.
* Strategic thinker with an innovative mindset that can influence at senior management, customer and key stakeholder levels.
* Good understanding of transportation industry.
* Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
* Good analytical skills.
* Possession of a full valid drivers licence
Commission, Bonus Pay