Fabrication Quality Manager – Offshore Wind – China
QM/ QA Fabrication – Project Engineer / Project Manager – China based role.
Opportunity for experienced Fabrication engineer with Quality management to play leading role working with Offshore Wind developers to audit the quality of Chinese offshore wind foundation fabrication yards.
Project Engineer / Consultant / Senior Advisor role working with developers on how they should manage the quality of fabrication of Jackets / Monopiles for OWF Foundations.
Working in a team to manage technical and commercial aspects related to the Fabrication of various offshore packages for foundation projects
Please note: for this role you Must have QA/ QM experience in Fabrication yards for jackets or monopiles for Offshore Wind.
* Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Structural Engineering.
* QM / QA
* Experience in Fabrication yards for Offshore Wind foundations eg Smulders, Bladt, BiFab, Offshore Structures Britain
* Project management as well commercial skills in negotiating contracts.
* Effective communicator, both written and verbal, enjoying and being effective at developing and nurturing client and contractor relationships at the appropriate level.
* Ability to live and work in China
* Experience in the Offshore/ Marine engineering for Offshore wind
* EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation), Balance of Plant (BOP), Offshore Installation Contractor, energy developer, utility, or engineering consultancy in a related role for offshore construction projects, with exposure to offshore wind construction (including offshore foundation, Transport and installation requirements).
Working in close relationship with clients, contractors and developers – projects are varied and include the QM for developers for fabrication for Offshore wind foundations – jackets/ monopiles.
* Manage / Audit the Quality of fabricators
* Overall responsibility for Quality of design, specification, procurement and management of the monopile fabrication package during the planning and development phase of the project.
* Interface with other Package Managers to ensure the overall development is successfully designed, procured and delivered.
* Responsible for coordinating with all supporting functions including Contracts, Finance, Permits and ensuring requirements are aligned all aspects related to the fabrication package.
* Provide technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy for the fabrication package to identify, tender and select advisors, suppliers and contractors for the project.
* Ensure all Quality requirements related to the package are scoped within the tender materials, lead detailed negotiations and coordinate with the transaction team through to contract award.
* Project management during construction.
* Programme management of the relevant Suppliers and Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
* Conduct technical and commercial reviews and provide timely feedback on issues and resolutions.
Projects are carried out in close collaboration with other departments and through consultation with other specialists. Good communication and organisational skills and are able to deal with the daily demands of working within a multidisciplinary team.
Good leadership skills and are willing to participate actively in the on-going development of both technical resources and professional development
For more info please Email your cv: info at clarehillassociates
Call us or Visit clarehillassociates