Export Air Freight
Department: Air Freight
Overall Purpose: To ensure that the business of the company continues and is profitable.
• Proffer and maintain good Customer Service to ensure that client’s requirements are completed to the expected company standard.
• Complete all aspects of work in accordance with instructions from Senior Management.
• Prioritize the work given then complete any required tasks.
• Know, understand and implement all office routines.
• Know, understand and implement the systems relating to the mode of transport.
Key Skills and Behaviours
• An ability to use ones initiative, common sense and to be proactive.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to negotiate effectively with customers and suppliers.
• Be flexible and have a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the day to day business.
This role is key to the smooth running of the company and requires interaction with other members of the company to ensure that the overall purpose is met.
• Your hours of work are: (Apply online only) Monday – Friday. Refer to your Terms and Conditions of Employment for full details.
• 60 minutes are usually allowed for lunch to be taken (Apply online only) or (Apply online only) hrs.
• Adhere to the Health and Safety at Work, the Equal Opportunities and the Fire Safety Policies at all times.
• Attend work suitably dressed.
• If you are unable to attend work for any reason, you are required to contact the office before your usual start time to inform the company of the reason for your absence.
• Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus Bank Holidays (January – December) (pro rata for part time staff and any employee who begins work during the holiday year). Holidays are allocated on a first come first served basis.
• All staff are expected to undertake all general office duties including answering the telephone, filing dealing with the post etc.
• You will be given training in the relevant operational areas of our business unfamiliar to you and in the Operating and Custom clearance computer systems which we use.
• It is in your own interest to ask questions of your colleagues if you are unsure on how to proceed.
• You may be required to work or help in other departments from time to time to cover for holidays or illness or as management requires.
You will be working within the Air Freight Department assisting in the management and development of services for exporting goods around the world. On a day to day basis you will:
• Receive quotation requests from clients and agents for prices to move cargo from the UK around the world or to/fm another country if under cross trade terms.
• Use the various tariffs periodically provided to obtain the required information for the client or liaise with carriers or our agents and/or other suppliers to obtain the best price for the shipment and quote accordingly.
• When forwarding the quotation to the client by the agreed means of communication ensure that BIFA Terms and Conditions are always mentioned in the body of the quotation.
• Make a courtesy call to the client to ascertain if the price is competitive and if Uniexpress will be given the job.
· On receiving the booking input all the relevant data into the FCL computer system and then liaise with our partners and carriers worldwide to arrange that shipment.
• Keep the client up to date with the booking and ensure that the shipment is made as planned.
• In a timely and accurate manner prepare all the necessary shipping documents to send to the customers as per their instructions, including:
* HM Revenue and Customs documents
* Air Way Bills of Lading
• Forward instructions and documentation concerning the booking to the carriers who will return their documentation to us.
• In due time forward the ‘pre alert’ letters / emails to our overseas Agents.
• Monitor the file to ensure the job is completed in accordance with Uniexpress Standards and the customer’s expectations. This may include ensuring that carriers respond promptly to our requirements and that Master Bills are produced within a reasonable timescale.
• Pass invoices relevant to the shipment provided that they are at the agreed rates; if not you must query the invoice with the supplier in writing and send copies to our accounts.
• Ensure that cargo is only released against the correct documentation and receipt of cleared funds for non credit accounts.
It is imperative that you advise the Management immediately of any error or dispute concerning customers, costs or freight activity. You should make every effort to resolve the problem or difficulty yourself, but you should not allow it to jeopardise the customer / carrier or agency relationship. If the problem escalates then refer the matter to Management who will assist you to ensure that the matter is resolved effectively and as quickly as possible.
Developing New Business
All employees will develop the best practice of good customer relationships. It is important that quotations are turned into bookings and that we ensure that the service we provide is of the highest standard. In doing this we will get paid and the customer will be happy and return to us the next time. It is also to the benefit of every employee to increase the customer base of the company. An increase in company profits will have a knock on effect of the Bonus available to staff who qualify for this payment. In the course of your daily routine you will be expected to be:-
• Professional and friendly. Do not make promises you or Uniexpress cannot keep.
• Always negotiate for the best service at the best rate for our customers so that Uniexpress Limited is their first and only Freight Forwarder / Container Supplier.
• Develop good working relationships with all suppliers including Hauliers, Shipping Lines and Overseas Agents so that they too will always provide good rates and a professional service for our clients.
• Be proactive when discussing shipping with new customers. By asking about where your customer imports from you will have additional opportunities to quote for shipping etc. Ask if you can provide a quote for something that they are dealing with
The business and profitability of Uniexpress Limited is dependant on you, management and all your colleagues working together as a team to maintain the good service we provide for our existing customers and to increase the customer base