Transport & European Freight Forwarding clerk
Our client is a successful family-owned modal freight forwarding, freight project management and Transport company well developed to offer a 'One stop shop' to all their clients logistics needs
Working as part of the 'Freight operations' team, this appointment will report directly to the Freight forwarding manager for the company. The role will include:
* Fielding incoming calls and emails from Customers, Drivers and Sub-contractors
* Assisting and dealing with the planning & scheduling of European Road freight transport and Freight forwarding operations
* Managing operations on a cost-effective basis
· General Transport office clerk duties, cargo inspections and related tasks.
The candidate will initially be responsible to assist with Transport and Freight Forwarding operations, and then develop to take responsibility and manage these functions.
You must have Road and or Sea Freight Forwarding experience, you will be customer focused, have attention to detail, be able to complete all necessary shipping documentation, commercially astute and be suitable to work on a personal level with the client base.
GCSE or equivalent
Good experience in a freight / logistics environment
Full clean driving license
* Demonstrate ability to complete tasks, with attention to detail.
* Have a good understanding and geographic knowledge of UK and Europe
* Ability to record and report progress & development of the task
* High level of Computer skill and competency
* Flexible and willing to learn in order to develop in the role
* Effective communicator at all levels
* Build business relationships with colleagues and clients
* Salary £25,000 to £34,000 Flexible/ Dependent upon experience
* 28 days holiday incl Bank Holidays with an option to buy an additional week's annual leave