Our client a leading Freight Forwarding company is now looking to appoint an European Operations Coordinator at their office in the Chelmsford
Reporting to and working with the Operations Supervisor the European Operations Coordinator will work closely with customers, clients, agents and business stakeholders.
This role is offered with the opportunity to work with Hybrid working (2 days in 3 from home). Hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an international Freight Forwarding, eCommerce & Logistics company as a European Operations Coordinator, this organisation is well established and has grown organically year on year to become the business they are today.
The European Operations Coordinator is responsible for liaising between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient and smooth shipment management from start to finish including quoting, costing and invoicing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage all aspects of the import & export shipping process;
* Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place for shipments
* Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information and to ensure all shipments are handled to required levels;
* Ensure customers' requirements are fully met;
* Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer collection/delivery requirements are satisfied;
* Ensure correct documentation is on file
* Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management;
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key customers to develop more business opportunities;
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key suppliers to develop best practice processes and cost efficiencies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
In order to apply for this role, you will need to have a European Trailer freight background with imports and or exports experience
Be very operational and customer service driven with excellent freight forwarding skills
Salary £24,000 to £28,000
Childcare vouchers and Cycle to work scheme
Hybrid working, Pension,perkbox