Our client, a global market leader in system logistics & freight forwarding, with more than 300,000 employees Worldwide, are looking for a European Road Freight Coordinator to join their European Operations team in Dartford, Kent.
* A competitive salary, up to £36k, in line with skills and experience.
* 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Employee discounts scheme
* The opportunity to become part of a leading logistics organisation
Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm.
Some flexibility may be offered, under special circumstances.
Main Purpose of the Role:
As the European Road Freight Co-ordinator / Transport Planner, you will supply road charter solutions in response to customer requests and/or other departments requests (sales, European & UK dispatch teams) in a cost effective and efficient manner, maximising profit whilst not compromising quality and service. You will also provide customers with the highest levels of service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To efficiently respond to customer requests for charter / freight forwarding services to provide cost effective and efficient solutions
* Ensure compliance of standard operating procedures & maintain quality standards as well as excellent customer service
* Maintain a charter supplier database ensuring there are a range of cost-effective options to enable the company to deliver customer requirements
* Manage suppliers effectively to minimise cost and ensure sustainability
* Ensure that all reporting procedures are complied with and that all charter paperwork is accurate and efficiently handled
* Ensure that profit is maximised at all opportunities without compromising quality
* Efficient and accurate administration – Updating status, P.O. Ds, invoices, quotes etc.
To Be Considered:
* Proven experience working within a European transport planning / road freight forwarding role
* Working knowledge of European Geography and Charter industry.
* Commercial acumen and ability to understand how to maximise profit and maintain quality in the charter business
* Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* Ability to remain calm under pressure and to organise workload to maximise personal efficiency
* Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
* Ability to solve problems and good analytical skills
* Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
* Organised and able to deal with a high volume of customer requests
* Ability to work on own imitative and to take responsibility and ownership to deliver quality service to the customer
* Excellent IT skills
For more details, please contact Willis Global – a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Supply Chain & Logistics industry
27 days hols & more