I am currently partnering with an international Transportation business who due to expansion are recruiting for a Freight Forwarder specialising in European Road imports & exports to join their business at a time of significant growth and investment.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00-18:00 – one hour break
Daily Duties Will Include
* Manage and develop own customer base
* Price, quote, negotiate and organise freight movements with a vast contact base of sub-contractors.
* Timely complete and respond to all customer queries surrounding transport solutions.
* Complete shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, certificates of origin and customs clearance (via agents)
* Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers
* Use TMS as a central core system, making sure all transport request, documentation etc is attached to the jobs
* Keep revenue and accruals in each job updated – live system
* Ensure solid cost control through the arrangement of transport solutions at the low rate, without compromising upon quality and maintaining a target margin on all business.
* Responsibility of own debtors list, working with account to resolve any invoicing issues
* Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping
* Weekly Reports to be submitted
* Any other reasonable requests that is within your capabilities and that does not endanger your health or safety
* Freight forwarding experience
* Excellent knowledge of the freight and transport industry
* Knowledge of European Imports and Exports
* Excellent communication skills