Engineer – In Service Submarines
Location: Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2AT
Compensation: £32,020 – £41,710 (both entry and experienced level applicants will be considered) + Pension (matched up to 8%) + 25 days holiday
Full Time / Permanent Position
Have you ever considered how the components, systems and interfaces are managed through operational life in the most complex man-made engineering asset in use by the Royal Navy today? Here at Babcock International, we are looking to recruit an Engineer to join our skilled In Service Engineering team working within our Naval Nuclear Business Unit based in Bristol.
Who we are looking for?
As a Whole Boat Analysis Engineer, you will be talented and meticulous with a strong Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) background to join our In Service Engineering Team. You will manage complex assets on a daily basis by undertaking activities that underpin their safe maintenance and operation. This includes leading engineering analysis to support all sectors within the Babcock team to inform planning, monitoring and control of maintenance work packages.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will:
* Undertake engineering support activities that inform planning, monitoring and control of maintenance work packages.
* Be responsible for delivery of engineering projects to agreed contractual requirements whilst aiming to exceed our customer's expectation.
* Take ownership of their responsibilities while working closely with design and equipment authorities within the MoD and the wider community to identify new opportunities to improve the service in the future.
The experience you'll bring
You will need a Foundation Degree in a relevant STEM discipline or be qualified to HNC / BTEC Level 5 in a relevant STEM discipline with experience in a relevant engineering field.
We would also like you to have the following:
* Experience of working within a project or engineering environment, ideally on Naval assets or services.
* Be methodical character, have a keen eye for detail, have the ability to prioritise, and work on your own initiative with a flexible attitude.
* Create and foster effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Regularly review work processes and practices to identify and implement improvements.
* Ideally holds or is working towards IEng / CEng status with the Engineering Council
* Be proficient in the use of appropriate Project Management & IT tools, including MS Excel.
Lastly, you will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers
We believe in creating an inclusive working environment based on dignity and respect, bringing together individuals from many different backgrounds to give us fresh perspectives and new ideas whilst working towards giving back to the environment to build a sustainable future.
* 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + flexible working (which includes the opportunity to work from home where suitable).
* Pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary
* Employee Share plan
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 2 weeks special paid leave.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing date: 18th January 2022