Crewing Officer – Permanent – Tees – £26k – £30k plus benefits
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive organisation who are leaders in the field of towage and salvage services; The Crewing Officer role is critical for the overall success of UK operations, ensuring appropriately qualified seafarers are deployed to maintain full operational capability.
This role is based out of the Teesside operation with some element of working from home, UK travel (Port visits) will be required, this will be planned flexibly and based on yours as well as business specific needs
You will be responsible for the day to day crewing coordination with the local port teams.
You will support the Crewing Manager and liaise with the Recruitment Officer to maintain a clear manpower and recruitment plan for current and future crewing requirements.
You will also work closely with the training department to align succession planning and talent management alongside the local manpower plan.
Thorough understanding of IMO and STCW maritime regulations.
Ensure that all seafarers within your remit have the correct
qualifications and experience to work on Company vessels.
Support the 24/7 duty phone on a rota basisExperience Required:
* 2+ years' experience working within a crewing/HR function or a similar related discipline.
* Ability to collaborate and develop strong business relationships with people in the organisation who may have varying levels of maritime knowledge.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast-paced environment, taking ownership and setting directions with minimal guidance.
* Proactive networking and establishing effective working relationships with the crews and internal stakeholders.
You MUST have the existing right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on (phone number removed) or send your CV to
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy