Title: Communications Manager (New Build Vessel)
Sector: Power & Propulsion
Salary: TBC Upon Application
HSB Technical’s Power & Propulsion team have a number of vacancies for multiple businesses covering the UK and overseas.
My client is a well-known and respected business who are actively looking for a Communications Manager to join the team. This person will be responsible for the compliant integration of the communication and navigation systems into the vessels. The main tasks will consist of managing interfaces between the communication and navigation systems suppliers, the vessel builders and the designers. You will also offer and support these verticals with technical support and expertise during the integration of these systems.
HSB Technical’s client is a very established and well-regarded global business.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
• Provision of technical guidance for the shipyard building the vessels regarding the integration of these communication and navigation systems.
• Technical Coordination between the suppliers of the equipment, the shipyard and the designers of the vessel
• Ensure the systems are correctly installed and compliant, liaising with shipyard, production and other managers
• Act as the primary point of contact within the comms and navigation section
• Support the supply chain with any technical matters
• Problem resolution of the communication and navigation systems during the build and integration
• Responsible for the systems cost schedule as planned and approved
• New build vessel experience
• Commercially and cost aware
• Driven and focussed
• Solutions focussed
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to lead/manage
• Electrical or Marine Engineer with Masters Degree or similar education within Communications and Navigation
• Full Driving Licence
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role
Salary & Benefits To Be Confirmed Up