Responsibilities on the Job
* Operate and/or drive specialised equipment such as vans, forklift trucks, cargo dollies/trailers, and so on.
* Unloading and loading air cargo onto cars and storage places
* As needed, prepare and palletize freight.
* Verify that all cargo paperwork is in order.
* Ensure proper cargo handling and delivery, as well as the proper operation of associated equipment
* Comply with all Dangerous Goods Regulations and Requirements
* If necessary, deliver air cargo to the proper addressee.
* As needed, provide special handling of live animals.
* Notify the appropriate supervisor/manager of any equipment malfunctions.
* Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation, as well as airport and carrier security needs.
* Follow SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
* Always maintain the highest levels of safety and security.
* Other responsibilities as needed
* Ability to work a number of shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
* Ability to communicate in and understand English
* Ability to follow protocols and procedures while remaining flexible when necessary
* Ability to work outside in severe weather
* Physically fit with the ability to operate in a manual setting and lift up to 32kg repeatedly throughout a shift.
* Able to operate in a fast-paced atmosphere as part of a team
* You must have a valid driver's licence.
* Previous experience working in the cargo industry is preferred.
* It is desirable to be able to communicate in more than one language.
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy